derwentwater broomhillpoint

Hope Park has developed considerably since 1925 when the land was used for grazing the railway coach-horses which drew weary passengers from the busy Keswick Station to the hotels in the town.

Sir Percy Hope owned the land and began developing it into a miniature golf course. It was opened on 27th May 1927 by Mr. J. H. Taylor, who was the British golf champion at the time, since when the park has become an important recreational area for both the residents and the increasing number of visitors to Keswick.

The ornamental garden was once the private garden of Lady Hope.

It was the wish of Sir Percy and Lady Hope that the inhabitants of Keswick and visitors to the town would continue to enjoy these recreational facilities. After his death in 1974 the Hope Park Charitable Trust took over the running of the park in his memory.

Sir Percy Hope - Coat of Arms

memorial

Keswick Tourism Assiciation member
facebook

Hope Park Games and Café Hope are managed by Hope Leisure Ltd.
Contact our friendly team :: Tel: 017687 73445
Email: cafehopekeswick@gmail.com

Café Hope tel: 017687 80844

Website by Jenkin Hill Internet